Thursday 20 May 2010

Johnny Marr Awarded The Ivors Inspiration Award.

Johnny was awarded the inspiration award at Thursday’s 55th Ivor Novello Awards held at Grosvenor House London. 
Johnny, who was presented with the award by Alex Kapranos, told the audience

:  I always thought that the greatest thing you can achieve as a musician is to be called an inspiration - aside from a big house in Sunningdale obviously.
Thank you to everyone who's followed me through all the twists and turns. Hopefully there will be more twists and turns, because that's what I like.
I believe that rock music, and pop music, is an art form and should be an art form, and it's all about inspiration. I'll continue to try to live up to it.

Johnny with Ivor Novello Pic

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Johnny, if you could water 'inspiration' like a plant and watch it grow all the way past the clouds that picture is just the beginning of how massively you have influenced and encouraged and inspired : )

    ReplyDelete